Sharon Andrews, CP
- Pediatric Orthotics and Prosthetics
Education, Certificates, Membership
- American Board Certified Prosthetist (NJ Licensed)
- Certificate in Prosthetics – Rutgers University 2002
- BS Mechanical Engineering – New Jersey Institute of Technology (Albert Dorman Honors College) 2000
- Practicing in the field of orthotics and prosthetics since 2002
- Member of NJ Chapter of AAOP
Philosophy: The patient always comes first. I want my patients and their families to feel comfortable working with me and comfortable with the brace or prosthesis I’m providing. I try to explain everything as simply as possible throughout the process, but also to listen to their questions or input in order to develop realistic expectations and promote compliance.
Bio: While studying engineering in college, I realized that I wanted a career that was more “hands-on” and less sitting behind a desk doing design work. I had previously started working at a dental office in high school, and continued through college and graduate school, so I knew I was drawn to patient care. I started looking for careers that combined both engineering and healthcare and found prosthetics and orthotics. It was exactly what I was looking for; a mix of engineering, art/sculpture, healthcare, and provided an opportunity to help people! I volunteered at a O&P clinic locally, and was hooked. Years later I still love my career and find it very rewarding.
My husband and I have two amazing children and two rescued, ex-racer greyhounds. We love to hike, travel and swim, and are avid board game enthusiasts.