Prosthetics Resources for Parents & Patients
Amputee Coalition (ACA)
A national, nonprofit organization whose mission is “To reach out to and empower people affected by limb loss to achieve their full potential through education, support and advocacy, and to promote limb loss prevention."
Limbs for Life Foundation
A global nonprofit organization dedicated to providing fully functional prosthetic care for individuals who cannot otherwise afford it and raising awareness of the changes facing amputees.
- Phone: 888.235.5462
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.limbsforlife.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/limbsforlife/
- Do You Know Your K-Level?: Information on the importance of amputees knowing their K-level, which is a rating system used by Medicare to indicate a person's rehabilitation potential.
- American Orthotics & Prosthetic Association: A national trade organization dedicated to the businesses services for the O&P industry.
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists: Professional organization dedicated to promoting professionalism and advancing the standards of patient care through education, literature, research, advocacy, and collaboration.
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Activities Foundation: Enabling individuals served by the orthotic and prosthetic community to enjoy the rewards of personal achievement, physical fitness and social interaction.
- O&P Edge: Prosthetic and Orthotic patient care and product information readily accessible for amputees, orthotists, prosthetists, and therapists.
- Disabled Sports USA: An organization that encourages people with a wide range of mobility challenges to be active in multiple ways.
- Glossary of Basic Orthotic & Prosthetic Terminology
- Expanded Glossary with Diagrams
- Terminology of Human Walking