Scoliosis & Spine Information for Providers
Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics is the leading provider of products and care for the treatment of scoliosis and other spinal conditions, and has 50 years of experience making scoliosis braces—longer than anyone else. Some facts to consider:
- At Boston O&P, we've seen thousands of patients through our own clinics, which allows us to understand the complexities of consistently producing the best products possible. Our experience in scoliosis treatment is second to none.
- Over the years, we have fabricated tens of thousands of braces for our partners throughout the USA, more than any other single manufacturer. Other companies make “Boston type” braces but ours is the only real, and authentic, Boston Brace.
- Boston O&P manufactures all types of scoliosis braces…daytime/nighttime, symmetrical/asymmetrical, anterior/posterior openings. We are the scoliosis experts and can provide the correct solution for you.
- Boston O&P products go through multiple quality control steps. We back all products with a guarantee that we will meet the measurements provided or we will adjust, and even remake the brace.
Scoliosis Bracing Results and Clinical Outcomes
- The key factor in measuring success is the in-brace X-ray that shows curve correction. Boston O&P has measured its outcomes for years. Our yearly results show continued improvement and lead the industry.
Boston O&P Standard of Care
- In 2021, Boston O&P made the Boston Sensor, a wearing adherence monitor, standard of care in their clinics. This is important because it allows for careful monitoring of brace wear time. With this information, orthotists can work with patients to help identify the best plan for a successful outcome. When patients know they are being monitored compliance improves, which leads to better results. Adherence is so critical to a child's successful bracing experience that we offer a Boston Sensor with every brace.
Boston O&P New Products and Innovation
- We beta-tested our new Boston Brace 3D® for years and now offer it to all patients. The results have been outstanding. This new product continues to reinforce our founder's, Bill Miller, vision of producing the best scoliosis braces available.
Braces for Other Spinal Conditions
Besides scoliosis braces, we offer braces for conditions such as kyphosis, spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis, as well as severe back pain and lumbar fusion. We also treat post-operative patients and trauma situations, as well as fracture patients with neuromuscular scoliosis or neuromuscular disease. When it comes to spinal braces you can count on us.
Publications & Articles
- Effects of Bracing in Adolescents with Idiopathic Scoliosis, New England Journal of Medicine, 2013
- Effect of Compliance Counseling on Brace Use and Success in Patients with Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis, The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 2016
- Improved brace design combining CAD/CAM and finite element simulation for the conservative treatment of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS): preliminary results of a randomized control trial, Scoliosis, 2015