Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics is committed to keeping our patients and employees safe during this uncertain time.
To reduce coronavirus exposure and protect the health of our entire Boston O&P family, we are taking the following precautions:
- We are minimizing in-office appointments to only those that are medically necessary. For your convenience and safety, many appointments can be conducting remotely using our Telehealth service. Click here for more information on how to set up a Telehealth appointment.
- For in-person appointments for patients under 18 years of age, only one guardian may accompany the patient to the clinic appointment.
- If you have an in-person appointment at a Boston O&P clinic and must use a waiting area, please abide by social distancing requirements by remaining at least 6 feet from anyone else in the waiting area.
- All patients will be screened upon arrival at a clinic. If you or any member of your household has experienced a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, a persistent cough, shortness of breath, or contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 over the past 14 days, you will not be allowed to enter the clinic for the safety of our clinicians, staff, and other patients.
- Per CDC guidelines, Boston O&P is asking all clinic visitors to wear a face mask or CDC-approved face covering.
- For your protection, all Boston O&P clinicians are wearing masks, gloves, and protective eyewear.
- All frequently touched areas such as doorknobs, chairs, and common areas are disinfected multiple times each day in addition to regular professional cleaning services, and all patient care areas are disinfected after every appointment.
For more information, see our Patient Safety sheet.
Thank you for your help in following these recommendations and guidelines to keep everyone safe during this challenging time. We know we will get through this and come out the other side stronger and ready to continue our mission of helping kids one at a time.