As a company that operates in many areas with suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19, Boston O&P is committed to doing everything we can to ensure our clinics and corporate offices remain as safe as possible.
While Boston O&P has always made it a priority to thoroughly clean all areas in our offices and clinics, we have now instituted more stringent new policies for cleaning and disinfecting all offices, work areas, and any location that has the potential to be occupied by workers or patients.
To minimize the chance of infection or exposure at other locations, Boston O&P employees have canceled or delayed any travel plans.
If any patient reports or exhibits upper respiratory tract symptoms—including fever, sore throat or cough—we will be happy to reschedule their appointments.
Employees who exhibit these types of symptoms are directed to stay home and contact their Primary Care Physician for next steps.
As we navigate the special challenges posed by the coronavirus, we also want to provide some common-sense preventive measures we should all be taking to help avoid the spread of COVID-19 and other infections:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often. If unable to wash, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean your work area with disinfectant regularly.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and keep your distance from others if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue away, then wash or sanitize your hands. If a tissue is not available, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve.
- Avoid shaking hands, even in a business setting.
While we do not know at this point if the COVID-19 situation will subside or escalate, Boston O&P will continue to monitor it closely, provide updates as needed, and do all we can to protect all members of the Boston O&P family.
For the latest updates on the Coronavirus here's the link to the CDC and their recommendations.