James H. Wynne, CPO, FAAOP
Certified Prosthetist Orthotist, Vice President, Director of Training and Education, Resident Director
- Pediatric Orthotics and Prosthetics
Education, Certifications, Memberships
- Orthotics and Prosthetics, Northwestern University Prosthetic Center, 1988
- Certified Orthotist Prosthetist by the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics since 1991
- Member of the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics Board of Directors, President 2015
- Member of the Society on Scoliosis Orthopedic Rehabilitation Treatment Board of Directors
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Member of the Academy of Orthotics and Prosthetics Assocation
Philosophy: Patient first. Taking the time to understand the patient's/parent's goals, setting realistic expectations and working together to achieve the best possible outcome.
Bio: My grandmother wore a metal ankle foot orthosis (AFO) after having a stroke. I remember taking it apart and putting it together again much to the chagrin of the treating orthotist. Years later, while visiting my sister, a physical therapist at a rehabilitation hospital, I found myself spending all of my time in the orthotic/prosthetic facility instead of the therapy gym. I applied to school the following semester and the journey began. My passion was found after joining Boston O&P in 1993 - pediatric orthotics and prosthetics.
I enjoy spending time at the beach and skiing with my wife and our two children.