Mike Wargo, CPO
Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
- Pediatric orthotics and critical/hospital care
Education, Certification, Memberships
- ABC Certified Orthotist Prosthetist 2014
- MS in Rehabilitative Sciences Prosthetics and Orthotics – University of Pittsburgh 2012
- BS in Mechanical Engineering – Penn State Behrend 2010
- Licensed in the states of Ohio and Pennsylvania
- Boston Band
- Boston Brace 3D Scoliosis TLSOs
- Ossur Direct Socket Technology
- Ottobock Michelangelo Hand
- Myoboy (Myoelectric Control)
Philosophy: Knowledge is power. If patients and families know how the body functions and how a brace interacts with the body, it helps improve compliance and allows the family to be an important part of the care process. I also believe firmly in providing the same level of care to my patients as I would to a family member.
Bio: I became an orthotist because I always wanted to work in the medical field with patients. When I was in school for engineering I discovered the field of O&P and thought it sounded very interesting. I am very grateful for my engineering background because it allows me to easily analyze the body and plan a brace that is going to be as effective as possible providing the best outcome for my patients.