Now Read This: Books for Scoliosis Families
Books can help us understand and get through the biggest of life's challenges, and scoliosis is no exception. Check out these great books about scoliosis for every level of reader.
Scoliosis Books for Children:
- Being Grace: A Story for Children about Scoliosis by June Hyjek
- Beamer Learns About Scoliosis by Cindy Chambers
- Cole & the Crooked Flower by Russell Leggett
- Beautiful Crooked Letter I by Shae Smith
Scoliosis Books for Pre-Teens & Teens:
- Fighting the Curve: My Battle with Scoliosis by Haley Guidry
- Harry Scores a Hat Trick With Pawns, Pucks, and Scoliosis by Mary Mahony
- Deenie by Judy Blume
- When Life Throws You a Curve by Elizabeth Golden
- There's an S on My Back by Mary Mahony
- Plastic Back by Anna Rakes
- Dear Isaac Newton, You're Ruining My Life by Rachel Hruza
- Braced by Alyson Gerber *This book was written by a Boston O&P patient, seen by one of our orthotists at a Boston O&P clinic.
For Parents & Families:
- Scoliosis: A Guide to Understanding and Overcoming Scoliosis by Michael Chardack
- The Emotional Journey of Scoliosis by Reshmi Pal
- Help, My Daughter Has Scoliosis by Hilary Lowne
- Yoga and Scoliosis: A Journey to Health and Healing by Marcia Monroe
Be sure to visit the Scoliosis & Spine area in the Patients section of our site for additional resources and information.