At Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics, we give to our patients every day. We give support, advice, service, and the best care we can provide. To extend that spirit of giving, on Monday, February 17 (Presidents Day), Boston O&P is holding its first ever Day of Giving.
To celebrate the Boston O&P Day of Giving, every team in the company will choose a day to go out to volunteer in their local communities, preferably in a way that will help children, furthering Boston O&P’s ongoing mission of helping kids one at a time.
Leaders of each Boston O&P team were given a list of potential ideas to explore, and each team worked together to come up with a one-day volunteer effort they feel will make a real difference.
Here are some of the efforts they came up with:
- The St. Louis clinic volunteers on February 14th at the Mouse Races held by Sam's Adventure Camp, a nonprofit dedicated to empowering children with special needs and their families.
- Team members from the Boston O&P of Peabody clinic and senior management from Avon, MA, will spend February 17 pitching in with The Build a Bed Project through A Bed for Every Child, which works with public schools and community organizations to provide free beds for children in need throughout Massachusetts.
- Staff at Boston O&P headquarters in Avon, MA, plan to help create goody baskets for Boston Children's Hospital Family Housing on February 17.
- The Boston O&P of Children's Hospital clinic is hosting a meal and kids' craft activity for Boston Children's Hospital Family Housing on February 17.
- The Boston O&P Cleveland-area clinics in Middleburg Heights and Westlake will be volunteering with United Cerebral Palsy at the Race to Empower on May 3.
“We believe it is important for everyone in the Company to work together to find ways to give back to the communities that have been so supportive of us,” said Tom Morrissey, president and CEO of Boston O&P. “We also believe this program of giving back provides each of our teams the time and opportunity to build upon their relationships with each other as well.”
Boston O&P is excited to be offering this new program and hopes to make it an annual event.