Arthur "Skip" Guilford III, CPO
Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
- Adult Rehabilitation
Education, Certifications, Memberships
- New York University Post Graduate Medical School, 1980
- ABC certification in Orthotics and Prosthetics, 1984
- President G. A. Guilford & Son Inc. O&P, 1985-2017
- Member American Academy of Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Ohio Licensed Orthotist/Prosthetist
Philosophy: To educate the patient and family on the process and expected outcomes of orthotic intervention. It is important to take the time to make patients and families comfortable with the orthotic process.
Bio: Fourth generation Orthotist. My great grandfather started the first orthotic practice in Northern Ohio in 1905. After graduating from NYU in 1980, I worked at The Rusk Institute for Rehabilitation Medicine in New York City until 1984. I moved to Cleveland to continue practicing at G. A. Guilford & Son Inc. O&P. I have presented at many conferences and meetings. I continue to be interested in using and developing new technology to provide state of the art orthoses. It has been a most rewarding experience helping children to function at their highest level.