Michelle Yakaboski, CPO
Certified Prosthetist Orthotist
- Cranial Remolding
Education, Certifications, Memberships
- Post Graduate Certificate in Orthotics, Newington Certificate Program, 2006
- Post Graduate Certificate in Prosthetics, Newington Certificate Program, 2008
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematical Sciences, Loyola College in Maryland, 2005
- American Board for Certification examiner for Orthotic Clinical Patient Management Exam
- Member of the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics Board of Directors
- American Board Certified Orthotist, 2007
- American Board Certified Prosthetist, 2009
- Hanger Clinic National Resident Research Award
- The Tom McVeigh-Kimberly St. Germain Human Spirit Award, for humanity and leadership from The Newington Certificate Program
Philosophy: The patient always comes first: listen and set clear, honest expectations to provide optimal patient care.
Bio: I ruptured my ACL playing soccer in high school. Shortly after surgery, I was provided with a custom functional knee brace and I was back in the game. I researched the field of orthotics and prosthetics and realized it was the perfect combination of patient care, brainstorming and creating. I pursued a degree in mathematical sciences with a minor in secondary education while gathering the prerequisites required to apply to the Newington Certificate Program. I got in and the rest is history.
My career started at Connecticut Children’s Medical Center where I developed a true passion helping children. I continued to develop my pediatric speciality at Hanger Clinic in New York City and I am excited to join Boston Orthotics & Prosthetics in Stony Brook, New York.